Prenatal yoga classes are designed to assist you and your baby throughout your pregnancy. Building strength, mobility, creating body awareness and focusing on the breath to assist you with your labour.
Strengthening muscles and perineum, back care and awareness of active birthing postures assist with labour and labour pains. This is an excellent way to continue your mind body health during pregnancy taking you through the process of active birthing labour principles.
Taking a prenatal yoga class is a great way to meet other pregnant women and to become part of a community. Being in a positive, supportive environment with other pregnant women can give you a regular emotional boost and keep you motivated to continue your yoga practice.
Monday Mornings @ Better Movement Studio, Norwood
Saturday Mornings @ Exhale Yoga, Hyde Park
Sunday Mornings @ Cosmic Yoga Studio, West Lakes
Upcoming Prenatal Yoga Workshop's
Benefits of Prenatal yoga:
- Yoga poses strengthen the abdominal muscles, hips, back, arms and shoulders.
- Increases strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles
- Connecting with the breath
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves sleep
What happens during a typical prenatal yoga class?
- Breathing - focusing on slow/deep breathing as well as experiencing different breathing techniques. Prenatal yoga breathing techniques may help you reduce/manage shortness of breath during pregnancy and work through contractions during labor.
- Gentle stretching - gently moving different areas of your body in a safe and supported way.
- Postures - While standing, sitting or lying on the ground, you'll gently move your body into different positions aimed at developing your strength, flexibility and balance. Props such as blankets, bolsters, blocks and straps may be used to provide support and comfort.
- Relaxation - At the end of each class you'll relax your muscles and restore your resting heart rate. Focusing on the breath, paying close attention to sensations, thoughts and emotions. Guided meditation which incorporates a mantra/word to bring about a state of self-awareness and inner calm.
2016 workshops to be confirmed
This Prenatal Yoga Workshop is a great introduction to new and experienced yoga students at every stage of pregnancy. Meet other soon to be mum's and take some time for yourself to focus on all of the changes in your body during this special time.
Incorporate poses to strengthen, stretch, tone and prepare your body for labor, delivery and motherhood. Including restorative postures, flowing sequences and breath work. We will end with a calming, heart centred meditation and guided visualisation.
A take home handout is included with this workshop covering Active Birthing poses, breathing techniques, how to work with pain during labour and recommended prenatal books for further reading. Plus you will also enjoy some yummy healthy treats and herbal teas to enjoy after the workshop.
Women at any stage of their pregnancy are welcome so come and connect with your baby and enjoy the magical process of pregnancy.
To book your spot please call Jesslyn on 0404 748 465
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org